In the #Spotlight: Caleb King and Aden King, Co-Founders of Mplace, Speak With High Performance Counsel #hipcounselRead More
We interviewed Jack Newton, CEO and Co-Founder of Clio for the infamous #BakersDozen. When the history of modern law is written, Jack will feature prominently. Spotting the opportunity for cloud technology in legal services early on, he evidences a powerful case study in vision, persistence and execution. We observe how he has managed to not only build a highly successful company but also inspire fun and loyalty in the entire enterprise. He brings out the best. And we think that defines legal leadership. Bravo Jack, bravo.Read More
On #BakersBest 4X4 Edition, Issue 2 – Top Legal Industry Leaders Speak: Mary Mack, Jennifer Silverman, Debbie Reynolds & Rashda Rana
At High Performance Counsel, we pride ourselves on asking the right questions – which are typically also the tough questions. So any of these four questions taken from our infamous #BakersDozen interview is arguably an essay in its own right. Welcome to the second issue of #BakersBest – four of the best in the legal industry answering four tough, timely questions. We hope you like it.Read More
On #BakersDozen: Ed Vidal Executive Vice President and General Counsel of iCrowdNewswire In Interview With High Performance Counsel
We interviewed Ed Vidal, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of iCrowdNewswire for #BakersDozen here on High Performance Counsel.
Ed is a business lawyer with over 30 years of experience in New York and Chicago firms.
Since 2012 he has been General Counsel of an online media startup business, which has matured into two self-sustaining companies.
In the Spotlight – Justie Nicol, Owner of Nicol Law Offices, LLC In Interview With High Performance Counsel
In the first of our #HipCounsel Spotlight interviews we spoke with Justie Nicol, Owner of Nicol Law Offices, LLC about her experience as a modern legal industry practitioner. #hipcounselRead More
In the #HipCounsel Spotlight – Joey Vitale, Founding Attorney at Indie Law In Interview With High Performance Counsel
In the #hipcounsel #spotlight this week – we talk to Joey Vitale, founding attorney at Indie Law, a trademark law firm that helps passionate solopreneurs protect their growing brands.Read More
Positioned For Success: The MLA Interim Legal Talent Group Perfectly Compliments MLA Legal Technology Solutions
Providing holistic talent solutions to address complex workload challenges and to keep your organization on a path to success.Read More
International #eDiscoveryRockstar CEDS Spotlight: The Netherlands – Dennis Van Der Meer – Manager, Deloitte Netherlands
The preparation for the exam took me about 4 months. The ACEDS eDiscovery Essentials was a great first step in the preparation and the On-demand Prep Seminar was very useful.Read More
International #EDiscoveryRockstar CEDS Spotlight – Canada: Kathy Dallaire, Paralegal – Coordinator Litigation Technology Support At Lavery, De Billy, LLC
THIS WEEK ON HPC: INTERNATIONAL #EDISCOVERYROCKSTAR CEDS SPOTLIGHT – CANADA: KATHY DALLAIRE, PARALEGAL – COORDINATOR LITIGATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT AT LAVERY, DE BILLY, LLCRead More
Introducing a new service offering in an established company presents its own unique challenges. Much like you would in traditional start-up, you’ll be selling services and, in many instances, delivering, tooRead More
Practice management software has come a long way in the nine years that we’ve offered Clio to law firms. And, while it might seem that the industry has come around to the idea that cloud-based software is a secure, powerful tool, it wasn’t always the case.Read More
It’s important to have vision and to have a conviction about how to change the course of events for the better in a big way.Read More
Thanks to Sheryl Sandberg and her bestselling book Lean In, it seems like everyone has embraced mentoring. Mentors are particularly important in the legal profession.Read More
A common complaint you will hear as in-house counsel is “Why does it take so long for you guys to review my contract?” (Second only to “Why are our contracts so long?”) The answer, as you know, is complicated.Read More
Ford observed that his customers would have asked for faster horses but he saw the need – and opportunity – for the car. In modern law, it may be said that the co-founders of Mplace have a similarly bold view. The opportunity for something better, like Mplace, far outweighs the incremental changes others may suggest. Caleb and Aden are onto something – you can feel it. But even moreso, when you run the numbers, you know it. This may explain why several major customers and partners have signed on to work with them this year.Read More
Whether you are new to the in-house department or a long-term veteran, the General Counsel or just a basic contract lawyer, there are a number of things that can help make you more successful in your career.Read More
BRING IT. INSPIRED AND INSPIRATIONAL LEGALTECH CEO LECIA KASLOFSKY ON HARD-EARNED SUCCESS AND MORE IN THE #BAKERSDOZEN
Successful Legaltech Founder & CEO Lecia Kaslofsky has the instincts and the inspiration of a winner. Taking the path less trodden, she speaks the story of hard-earned success. When we asked what inspires her? “Olympic athletes inspire me. Musicians inspire me. People who put in the work each and every day and then make it look facile, triumphant even.Read More
Recent News & Updates
- HPC Vastly Simplifies NIST/NICE Cybersecurity Hiring With New Turnkey Training Subscriptions
- On #FranklySpeaking with Frank Ramos: LinkedIn For Lawyers
- On #GabbingWithGarcia: Be The Captain Of Your Career
- July 12, 2019: HPC’s Second #ThinkTank State of the Legal Industry Briefing
- JULY 16 WEBINAR: HPC PRESENTS TOP TIPS IN CYBERSECURITY FROM TODAY’S LEADING EXPERTS
- XDD Acquires QDiscovery to Further Expand Services in Midwest and East Coast
- HPC Adds NIST Cybersecurity Training To Growing Cyber Certification Portfolio
- HPC #WildCard: What Is Your Wildest Prediction For The State Of The Legal Industry Through Year-End 2020?
- HPC #ThinkTank Special Issue: #TopFix – What is the #1 thing the legal industry could do to improve the delivery of legal services for clients?
- HPC #ThinkTank State of the Legal Industry: What is Top Of Mind?
stay in touch
Get our latest Interviews & Leadership Briefings by email – subscribe here:
- #LegallyThinking : A common language for legal tech beckons, but does that mean law firms should give up on the inn… https://t.co/firi0WreGn
- #LegallyThinking : A common language for legal tech beckons, but does that mean law firms should give up on the innovation race? by Stuart McMillan
- #GuiseOnJustice - You wait ages for a portal then two come along at once….! by Tony Guise | June 2021… https://t.co/TnMixNgdsw
- #GuiseOnJustice – You wait ages for a portal then two come along at once….! by Tony Guise | June 2021
- #LegallyThinking : Regulation or deregulation: which is best for legal innovation? by Stuart McMillan… https://t.co/6uM5WekuUZ
- #LegallyThinking : Regulation or deregulation: which is best for legal innovation? by Stuart McMillan
- #CafeConLourdes: Interview with Tom Trujillo https://t.co/RopRRozvaf https://t.co/q7Y9i03P0M
- #CafeConLourdes: Interview with Tom Trujillo